Friday, June 7, 2013

One card, two challenges.

Hey y'all! Happy Friday!! :) I'm so happy Friday's finally here! It's been a loooong week for me. I plan on relaxing and crafting some this weekend.....and maybe even a little playing at the beach! :)

Today, I'm stopping in to share a card I made for two current challenges. I saw the challenge at Case Study and wanted to give it a try. I never had played with them, so this one is new to me. And I saw The Play Date Cafe challenge colors and was in love with them. So, I knew I wanted to play again with them. :)



Sooooo, here's what I came up with!


I just got my inspiration from the 'Case Study' photo and how the ink was. Then decided to go with that, using the colors from the 'Play Date Cafe' challenge. Just kept it simple and one layer. I was gonna try and add an embellishment or two, but than decided I liked it just the way it was. :)


Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your day!


15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Great colours and love the windswept feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! The sweeping colors are perfectly applied...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. What a stunning card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is wonderful, Shelly. So often it is your card that catches my eye in a gallery - as with this one. Just wanted you to know I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it just the way it is! This is a stunning OLC card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card, I love the idea giving a swept feel to the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sweep of color under the sentiment is wonderful. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So chic! What a lovely card! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I la,la,LOVE this card! Your design is pure perfection. Thank you for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i LOVE this. the ink is beautiful. Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelly, I think it it's a fabulous take on the Case Study inspiration photo...well done! Thanks for joining us...~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I usually choke under the pressure when i want to do something like this on a card. because I feel like the swipe has to go a certain way and then I get nervous. THIS IS cool and just right. YOU must not choke like I do :)

    ReplyDelete