Monday, November 9, 2015

Hello, Hey (Masking)

Hey y'all!
Happy Monday! Hope you have a great start to the week!! :)

Today, I'm sharing my card at the Waffle Flower Challenge! This time the challenge is all about masking.




Here's what I came up with.




Yep. I had some fun with this! 
What's more fun than some monkeys playing in leaves?!!... ;)

So, being 'masking' is our technique this month I decided to not only showcase the masking but when seeing the leaves in the inspiration photo, I decided to go that route too! Now I'm not gonna lie, I did only start with one monkey playing in the leaves but then after looking at my finished card, I thought two monkeys would be even better. lol Needless to say, I went with two! 

I started by stamping my leaves on post it notes and cutting them out for the masks. After, I stamped my first leaf where I wanted it on my card, placed the mask over it and continued the same process with the rest of my leaves. *Note: You'll wanna leave some empty space to place your monkeys in.* Once done, I did my coloring and added a couple sentiments. 

I'd love to hear what you think?!!...

Be sure to swing on over to the Waffle Flower Challenge and see all the DT creations! And while you're there, I hope you'll join us?!!...

Hope to see you there! Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great week!  

Waffle Flower supplies:

Leafy stamp set (for the leaves)
Willy & Friends stamp set (for the monkeys)
Willy stamp set (for the 'hello')
Faye stamp set (for the 'hey') 




12 comments:

  1. So cute Shelly! Great job masking those fellas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such fun masking Shelly...cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have created a Fun tiny scene Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this on the WF blog, love love love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. heehee your card is SO CUTE.. great masking.. i love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me smile, Shelly! Your masking on this is spectacular! How cute are those monkeys peeking out from this pile of leaves??!!! Cute and fun!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tee hee...seriously adorable! Monkeys monkeying around!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh....such CUTE monkeys!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic masking and the coloring on those leaves is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!!
    tooo cuteeee
    and love that leaves
    I wish I have one of waffle flower stamp Shelly
    would you mind to send my bday present some of stampe Images on a white paper
    just a WISH
    if a WISH not come through hehe I cry ...nooo it was a joke
    your card is STUNNING SIMPLE AND ADORABLE

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fantastic Shelly and just love the monkeys peeking out, they even look cheeky!!! Brilliant masking job too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic! You've captured the monkeys peeking out from the leaves perfectly!

    ReplyDelete