Thursday, December 5, 2019

Some cute critters!

Hey y'all!
Happy Thursday, almost Friday!! :) Hope all is well?!...

Little bit of a rough week for me, on Monday I got sad news that my grandma passed away. So I took a little bit of time to reflect on all the things she taught me and the things we did together. Bittersweet. She lived quite the fulfilled life, always being around friends and loved ones. She was 94 years old. So yeah...sigh...

Anyhow, I did sneak in a little crafty time to try and take my mind off things. My sweet friend Kimberly was so generous to send me a image from her digi set that she designed. Which you can find at Polka Dot Orchard or HERE. Thank you again, Kimberly!!


Seriously, how CUTE are those critters?!!...
I kept things nice and simple. I also tried going for a more softer/neutral look. I did a little coloring with markers and then topped things off with some burlap twine. Easy peasy, right?!...

Well, that's all for me today. I'll be back tomorrow with my A Jillian Vance Design post. ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!


3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss, Shelly. Even though your grandma lived to 94, that doesn't change the fact that 'long' is never 'long enough'. I'm glad you have fond memories of time spent with her; keep those alive in your heart and share them with your children so they, too, know how special she was.
    You've created a sweet card with this image...soft and gentle. I think it reflects your frame of mind: one of reflection, sadness, joy and just...well, the feelings that come with losing someone special! Sending heart hugs!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are darling critters and I love your soft coloring, Shelly! The twine is the perfect touch! It sounds as if your grandmother lived a long and memory-filled life and that's the best tribute there is! How blessed you are to have had her in your life! Happy Holidays!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss sweet friend. Hold on to all those special memories. Thinking of you.
    Your card is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete