Monday, February 8, 2016

February Waffle Flower Challenge

Hey y'all! Hope all is well?!...

If you haven't seen yet, the Waffle Flower Challenge has a new February challenge for you!! Today, I'm sharing my card with y'all!







*Note: This is somewhat of a longer post than usual, you can always skip to the bottom, if you'd like. ;) 
Check it out!



How this card came to me?!?...lol Well, I started by just keeping focus on the technique. Then after several attempts at trying things, I was officially stumped on what to even do! I mean, I know what the technique is and what it involves doing, but things just weren't working for me. at all.
So then I started to look more at the sketch and colors...the sketch was really out of the ballpark for me. (so scratch that.) lol Okay, the colors...I do like those colors and thought, let me work off of using those somehow.

After looking through what stamps I have, I once again grabbed for the Lotus stamp set. (really love this set.) ;) I started by stamping them on some coloring paper and then colored them in with some markers. And when done, used the matching dies with them and set them all aside, for the time being. Because...I was stumped again! lol

Some more thinking and watching time pass on by, finally I was ready to tackle this card. Okay, so I grabbed some white cardstock for my base and started my process. The tricky part. (for me at least) One at a time I used a flower die, placing it where I wanted it on my white cardstock and ran it through my machine. So I could get my whole inlaid die cuts. I then had to place each colored piece in the empty spot where I used the die and run it through my machine again, so it would cut the access off and fit together with my other flowers. (hopefully this is all making sense?!...I'm trying my best.) ;) Once done doing all this, I assembled everything onto my actual card. After, I did some more die cutting for my sentiment. Which I did three times using black cardstock and one time using gold glitter cardstock. Then glued them all together, leaving the gold glitter on top and adhering it to my card.

Whew! Seriously, this card took me quite some time to finish!...I mean in the range of hours! lol I can only hope it paid off?! ;) And I'm no expert on this technique, there may be an easier way of doing this, I don't know?...But this wouldn't be the first time (nor the last time, I'm sure) that I would do things the hard way! lol

Be sure to swing on over to the Waffle Flower Challenge and see all the fabulous DT creations!! And while you're there, I hope you'll join us?!! :)

Thanks so much for sticking with me on this somewhat long(er) post!
Enjoy your day!

Waffle Flower Crafts supplies used:

Lotus stamp set
Lotus die set
With Love word die

11 comments:

  1. Yes... it paid off! It's beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definetely worth all the efforts - beautiful and very original card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! You rock CAS so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card! Your hard work paid off :) Love that gold glitter cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all came together perfect.. I love how you colored the flowers and the sentiment is perfect.. very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo! Great color, and I adore the shimmery, gold letters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVELY! I was somewhat stumped too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore that glitter gold sentiment
    adorable CAS and so vibrant color
    remember me for Summer time Shelly
    happy sunday
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card with those bright color flowers. I love the sentiment diecut :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an amazing card Shelly!! I love how you die-cut them all together, must have taken a lot of time and brain power to put it all back together again. And that gold glitter word die on top is perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cluster of flowers, love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete