Sunday, April 23, 2017

Watercolor Hello

Hey y'all! Happy Sunday!
Hope you're enjoying your day?!...

I'm just taking it easy...it's a relaxation day with a little bit of baking. Though, I probably will have to make a trip to the store, as well. And shouldn't we throw in a little crafting in the mix?! ;)


So I'm sharing a fun watercolor card with you, today. I saw the current Little Tangles challenge and was trying to think of something, though all my previous attempts of watercoloring were just no good. After some serious thinking and playing with some things, something came to me and worked!...At least I hope it worked?!... ;)


Well?!...I used some watercolor paints that were in a tube (this is how out of my element I am...is there a certain name for the paints in a tube?...I really don't know. Though, hopefully you know what I'm referring to?! lol). I added a little bit of water to my paints and then used a paintbrush and painted them on my stamp. After, I stamped on my watercolor paper. I must say, I did a number of practice sheets from adding water to my paper to spritzing my stamp after painted, etc. I basically just played around with things until I liked what I got. ;)

I wanted to keep the focus on my watercolor images. So for my sentiment I chose a little stamped and die cut 'hello' along with a black piece of cardstock underneath it. Easy peasy, right?!...

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Enjoy your day and see you soon!


5 comments:

  1. How beautiful...the colors are so vivid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, your attempts have produced a unique, charming and impressive card! I love the bold tints of blue, and the beautiful patterns they are showing. Thank you so much for joining us at the Little Tangles challenge!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL card! Thanks for playing with LTCh and share this Beaty:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're having major success with your water-colouring as compared to me! I've pretty much given up! Zigs, distress inks, Gansai paints (tried them once and just about sobbed with the hot messes!): none seem to work for me. Then again, I've not 'really' invested in practice time, so that 'might' be part of the problem *grin* Your images are vibrant and striking! Another dazzling delight!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete