Sunday, June 29, 2014

One more card!

I'm baaack! And so soon! ;) Okay, so here's my last card to share for today. This one is for the new The Cutting Edge Challenge! 



At first, I wasn't so sure I'd be able to whip something up! However, I did and I must say I really like it. ;)


Okay, so this took a little bit of time and thinking. I wanted to use 'a star' or 'stars' because that was one of the first things I took from the photo. Then I saw the color and knew I wanted to have something bold. So, I ended up using a star die with watercolor paper, some distress inks and 'voila'. Couldn't believe my vision in my mind, worked! lol I 'inlaid' the die cut, which made things pretty seamless. And to top everything off, I thought gold sequins would go perfectly! :) So, what you do think?!...

Thanks again for stopping on by!
I'll be seeing y'all soon! ;)

16 comments:

  1. All your thinking was well worth it. This is a stunning card. Love it. Love the blue star, and the bold black sentiment. Sequins are the perfect touch! (I've got one made, but not yet posted for this challenge...and let me just say, great minds and all that...lol) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous..gorgeous blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah you totally rocked this.. fabulous card.. i love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vision turned out so fabulous Shelly!! Bold and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how bright the star is, the inlaid die cut is perfect and I love the bold sentiment across it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is superb, Love the blue star :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your inlaid star and the big bold sentiment Is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your choice of using a blue star and the scattered sequins. Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutting Edge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant design Shelly! I love the bold pop of design and all the white space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! Love the sequins sprinkled about!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, Shelly! Those gold sequins finish the card so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you Iinladed the star!! It really pops and I love the sentiment stamped over it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Be still my heart - loves me some CAS designs, and this one is no exception! I see where you took your inspiration, and love the end result! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Cutting Edge Challenge - we're so glad you did!! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete