Friday, June 6, 2014

You brighten my cloudy days

Hey y'all! I'm here today, with my second post! Woohoo! ;) I made this card for the current Cure for the Monday blues challenge! I've been meaning/wanting to play along with the challenges for awhile now. Though, sometimes there's just not enough time in the days! (I'm sure we can all relate?!...) However, I actually manage to whip something up! Yay! :)


So here's my take on it!

Please note: This photo may not be the best. Though, it really was the best I could get. The colors are very light/settle, and no matter my background/lighting it was a real challenge.

Yep. So I knew clouds, would most likely make it into my card! ;) Hopefully, your not tired of seeing them?!...There's something about clouds that I just really like. Then when I happened to get some new cloud stamps in the mail, I just had to ink them up! And really, they do fit in with the challenge pic. ;) Okay, so enough about clouds. lol Top tie everything into my card, from the inspiration photo, I added a little pink banner and a little smiley face coming out from behind cloud. (which, I just did a little masking for that.) I was gonna just leave it as was. But then, I thought I'd throw in a few little sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy your day!
-Shelly

9 comments:

  1. aww so soft and sweet.. i love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I never grow tired of clouds! Keep the clouds coming!!! :)
    Love this clean, CAS design! I think you captured the inspirational photo perfectly! All the white, the clouds and a little pop of happy color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so soft and so perfect for the mood board, I love the idea of adding banners on the clouds, looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The layered stamping is fantastic! I love the soft, sweet colors. The sequins are a perfect embellishment for the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layered stamping here, and I love how the banner is 'tied' to one of the clouds! So happy you managed to get a chance to play along too, yay!! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! This makes me so happy. You are kind of the queen of one layer cards I think, you think very well in layers, I'm not so good at that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooo soft and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete