Saturday, June 14, 2014

thank you

Yep. I'm back with one more card, today! ;) This one is for the current Poppy Sketches challenge! And you know what?...I really struggled with this card! Why?...Believe it or not, I don't have anything that is of 'harlequin' pattern. I tore threw all my supplies, trying to find something and found nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. So, what was one to do?...I ended up trying my best to make my own harlequin pattern! This was no easy task, though I went for a more 'fun, somewhat simple, and clean approach'. ;)



So, here's what I came up with!


Now, hopefully my pattern shows well?...I swear to you, there are some 'diamonds' in there! ;) I scored the lines to be uneven with on another, because I thought it would add a little more interest. But really, it was a lot easier! lol ;) And to make sure I didn't cover up my lines, I added a simple wood veneer heart, with my sentiment towards the bottom. I was gonna go for a white card base, but then came across this lighter kraft/brown color and liked it better. If anyone can recognize that paper, please let me know! It isn't very heavy, my guess would be maybe 80lb or maybe even 65lb?...You wouldn't wanna use it as a base card, but it's not terribly flimsy either and it is smooth as butter. The overall color is just beautiful to me. I usually have PTI kraft cardstock on hand and I know it's not that, nor Bazzill. Anyhow, I'm rambling now. lol ;)


Okay. So that's it for me! I'll be back soon!
Take it easy!
Enjoy! :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is awesome!! Thanks for playing at Poppy Sketches!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossed panel! The uneven lines look great. I had a hard time finding a harlequin pattern in my stash, too. Thanks for joining us at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius way to make your own harlequin pattern!!! Layout is awesome, and shows off the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. Love the score lines..

    P/s: Totally have done what you did..while looking for supplies to fit a challenge theme..*high fives*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a seriously gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet and simple! And I love how you created your own harlequin pattern with the score lines! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty and simple and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is this? I LOVE those uneven lines!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelly, this is so wonderful! Love the scoring!
    Thanks for joining us at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete