Monday, March 7, 2016

March Waffle Flower Challenge

Hey y'all!
Hope all is well?!...

Today I'm swinging on in to share my card for the current Waffle Flower Challenge! Also, this is my last post for the challenge DT!...Time just went way too quick! ;) Thank you sooo much, Nina and Tessa for having me again!! I truly loved every bit of it! Thank you! <3






Fun stuff, right?!...Here's my card!




You know me and this whole watercolor technique don't always get along. lol So yeah, it took my a few trails and errors to figure things out. ;) I was going to go with a watercolor background, though it just wasn't working this time around for me. Which then led me to pulling out some distress markers and embossing powder. I still wasn't quite sure if my idea was gonna work or not?...When's the last time you saw me use distress markers, along with some heat embossing?! lol

Well, after a few 'tests' to try things out, wouldn't you know it was working for me! :) So, I did a little masking with my flowers and then heat embossed them in white. After, I used my distress markers with a wet paintbrush to add my colors. Simple, yeah?!...And I think it gave everything a nice soft touch?...To finish things off, I added my sentiment and a little butterfly.

Be sure to swing on over to the Waffle Flower Challenge to see all the DT creations! And while you're there, I hope you'll join us?!! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Enjoy your day!

Waffle Flower Crafts supplies used:

Welcome Spring stamp set
Tiny Wings die
Lacy Layers die set


14 comments:

  1. Love the pops of color on the white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those flowers are gorgeous and I love the hint of pink.. such a pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Shelly!! Really love that pink butterfly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your interpretation is adorable Shelly
    Great Job
    I wish the challenge can accept if we used not Waffle Flower Stamp
    cause I dont have any Shelly
    sad I cant join the challenge that you are DT on it :(
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty, I can't see any watercolour struggle from here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am such a fun of your awesome CAS style Shelly. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the soft look of your card, Shelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! this is so soft and subtle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute CAS! Very pretty card ;)

    ReplyDelete