Thursday, March 3, 2016

Wanted to share...

Hey y'all! Hope all is well?!

*note: for my Little Tangles post, please scroll down.*

I wanted to fill y'all in some...
(Which some of you may already have seen or heard.)

On last Tuesday I ended up going to the ER. A couple days prior to going to the ER, I was feeling lightheaded, my heart would beat rapidly when I did almost anything, and then I would feel fatigue/somewhat like I was going to pass out. Usually, I just would sit or lay down with my feet up and things would start to settle down some. Well, came Tuesday after walking my kids to school (which I do everyday and have no problem) on my walk back home I was so out of breath, I wasn't even sure if I was gonna make it home. I was little scared at that point. When I did get home, I sat for a bit and then thought I needed to eat. I ate and then thought, okay I'll have some coffee now. After about two sips of coffee, my heart starting beating fast again and then came feeling even more lightheaded. So I stopped drinking coffee and called a friend to drop me off at the ER.

My worst fear was that I over hydrated myself and my sodium levels were way too low. Can you over hydrated yourself?...Yes. Yes you can. It takes a lot to do so, though once I figured out how much water and other fluids I was drinking, I was scared. I started drinking out of these darn cups, not paying attention to how many ounces that they were. After looking and adding up the math, I was drinking anywhere from a half gallon (minimum) to a gallon or so a day!! Waaay too much! And when you have too much water, it dilutes your electrolytes causing things to be off balance. Which can be very serious and even fatal (yes, fatal). So, I was freaking out, especially with all the symptoms I had going on. My only other fear was that I was having an heart attack or stroke. Bottom line, I knew I wasn't myself and things were just not right.

Once getting to the ER and getting into a room, they asked me some questions and then started doing tests and blood work right away. The doctor checked over me, said my eyes looks good and that my thyroid was good. Then it became a waiting game because we needed to see what came back with my blood work. Thankfully, the wait wasn't terribly long. When the doctor came back in, I couldn't have been more relieved and happy to hear that all my levels were perfect. Whew. He told me I was spot on for where you want to be with your sodium, potassium, etc. Now, as relieved and happy as I was, because believe me I was. I still had the question of 'then what is causing all of this'?...Well, come to find out I was dealing with a viral infection. All those symptoms, a viral infection?!...I haven't ever had anything where I felt this way but supposedly, it's not uncommon. Well, guess that's good to know. lol

In the end, things could have been way worse. So I'm happy to know all it was, was a viral infection. I also was told to slow down on my fluids because it was a little extreme on how much I was drinking and if I kept doing so, then yes, I could have some problems down the road. I also have to follow up in the next week or two with the doctor to be sure that indeed my levels are stable and have not fallen any. Needless to say, I'm not drinking much from those cups and I'm really counting how much I take in.

Today, I already feel 10x better than the previous days!...I'm still not 100% but I'm moving around good and not feeling lightheaded! :)

Also, I'm am beyond thankful for all the well wishes!! Each and every one truly means so much to me! Thank you <3

I'll be back tomorrow with a post (maybe even two!) and I have a few cards to photograph/edit. So I should be back to posting a little more! :)

Enjoy your day...It's almost Friday!!
Hugs







13 comments:

  1. happy to hear it was not anything serious feel better soon!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you went to the ER. So very glad to hear that you don't have anything horribly serious! Take it easy and get plenty of rest. Maybe add in at least one Gatorade per day. And don't push it.... Hope you'll be feeling 100% better really soon. Blessings to you. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are feeling better each day. Take good care. I am glad they figured out what was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to the ER is always a scary experience. So glad they were able to diagnose your problem and that you're doing better. Take care, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, had no idea you could feel like that from a virus! Though glad it was just a virus and not something worse!! Hope you feel 100% soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo glad that you're feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, goodness Shelly what a time you've had! I'm very glad to hear that you're feeling better and that it was nothing more serious (although I'm sure a virus is no picnic either). Here's wishing you'll be back up to snuff in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad everything is fine! I have trouble drinking enough water lol ! Hugs and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scary. Hope you are now feeling better Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh! Take it easy!!!! Thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to hear that everything is OK and you've doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you're doing better, Shelly! I would have been scared in the same situation...

    ReplyDelete
  13. SHELLY! Oh my stars...what a frightening experience! I'm so glad you listened to your instincts and sought medical help. I had no idea that a virus could be the root cause of your symptoms; but whew...glad that you're on the mend. I had a series of events similar to yours, which landed me going through a battery of heart-related tests. I'm fine, but have a condition that flares up (too often for me...) and causes me anxious moments (sometimes minutes, sometimes hours, sometimes days...). I'm glad that you shared this with us...helps you, and us, to know that we're not alone...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete