Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Miss you so much

Hey y'all! Middle of the week, already?!!...Where is all the time going?!! lol Okay, so today I have a card for the current Virginia's View Challenge!



I love playing with Virginia's challenges! They are always so fun and really make me do some thinking! ;) So, here is what I came up with!


As you can tell, I went with 'faux stitching'. I don't have a sewing machine (maybe someday?...). So, I did some brainstorming. I was gonna go with a sticker, perhaps. But then the other night, as I went through some of my stamps. I came across a set, I really only have used maybe a couple times?...if that. And I figured this set was perfect, 'Stitched Flowers', yep. Sounds like it was meant to be, right?! ;)

I stamped all my flowers and trimmings in black ink. Then hand cut, every single one out! Yeah, who's idea was that?! lol Though, in the end I believe it was worth it?...Hopefully?! ;) After all that cutting, I got out a little paintbrush and some water, along with some ink pads. I just dipped my brush into the water, then rubbed it across in ink pad...and poof, color I had! Really, just having fun and playing around with things! :)


I will say, my biggest battle with this card, was deciding whether to leave it plain or add sequins/gems. I went with pearls (been awhile since I used any of those). Was that the right decision?...Hmmm...

Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy your day!
-Shelly-


6 comments:

  1. I love love this idea and design so much, Shelly. Excellent choice of stamps (!!) and use of embellishments (I adore pearls in this)! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge! And congrats on the FB feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. turned out beautiful! Love what you've done with those stitched blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I adore your pearls! It's just enough without being too much. Totally worth the effort cutting out your flowers. Love this one!!

    ReplyDelete