Saturday, June 18, 2011

Birthday Blast Card

I made this card for my son who is turning four. I wanted to keep it very simple and easy to do. My kids seem to always tear the card or damage it in some kind of way, so thats another reason i kept it simple (no hurt feelings). :)

All the supplies I used except for the paper and cardstock were from my "2011 Stamping Royalty" prize package.

A little bit of white cardstock, some precious metals silver paper, some textured blue paper, birthday stamps, colored pencils, jewel stickers, and a ink pad you can do it too! I kept in mind that I didn't want this card to be a time sucker for me. All I did was stamp my rocket on a piece of white cardstock, I stamped it at a angle as if it were blasting off into the sky. I then added a few stars around it and stamped my greeting at the bottom. While that was drying, I then cut my papers to the size needed for my card. After drying I colored in my stamps, using colors of my choice and then added my jewel stickers. I then layered all the papers and attached them to my card (you can choose the adhesive you prefer). I did also stamp the inside of the card with 'happy birthday' but your welcome to leave it blank.

No comments:

Post a Comment