Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tiger Lily

Hey everyone! Hope your all enjoying your Sunday?!! So, this card that I'm sharing with you today...has somewhat of a story behind it. I was trying to whip out a card for PaperCrafts Magazine's open submissions for Stamp It! Cards. Well, after entering half my info, I started to question if my card would even qualify??....It says it has to be a stamped image, other than the greeting/quote/etc. Techincally, my card IS stamped. However, I used a sharpie over it. That is what I'm unsure about. So, rather than chancing it, I decided to share it with you all!!! :)

Last week I was out shopping and stumbled upon these JUMBO stamps! I knew I had to have them, so I grabbed one of each that was there!! For this card I used the Jumbo Tiger Lily by Stampendous. I used a black ink to stamp it on my paper. Once dry, I pulled out some Copic Sketch markers (v04, v12) and colored in my lily. When I was done coloring, I decided I wanted a more BOLDER black. That's when I got my sharpie and went over my lines. I didn't put any greeting/quote on it because I thought the lily, should be the only focus. I added some black cardstock behind my image, just to 'pop' it out from my white card.

I hope you enjoyed what I shared with you today and thank you for stopping by!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Shelley, that IS a pretty jumbo stamp! I agree, I like the additional black outlining with a Sharpie, in this case it really makes the image POP! This card design could be used for so many occasions...I love this!

    ReplyDelete