Sunday, November 23, 2014

YOU are TOTALLY sharp

Hey y'all! Happy Sunday! We have a brand new challenge today at CAS on Sunday! And this time we're all about making a 'child/kid' card.


Here's what I came up with.


Not really sure how this one happened?!...I totally was going in a completely different direction than this! lol Guess it happens that way at times. :)

I honestly was wanting to do something fun, since it's all about making a card for a child. Recently, I picked up a new 6 x 6 paper pad and while flipping through it, saw the 'glasses' paper. I knew I wanted to use them, so I did some cutting for the pair I wanted. Once done I had to find something for the eyes...I ended up using the eyes from CAS-ual Fridays 'Sunbeams' set. And to give them a little 'pop' I used an Atyou Spica marker. Then I was stuck for a minute, here I had glasses but what was I gonna use them with?!...After some looking, I found a stamp set with a pencil. So, I went with that and did a little paper piecing. The hardest part was trying to figure out a sentiment! I really had much of nothing to chose from, that would fit in with a pencil. Thankfully, after some thinking in masking I was able to come up with something! ;)

The 'you are totally' are from CAS-ual Fridays 'Amazeballs' set and the 'sharp' along with the pencil are from A Jillian Vance design 'Teacher Teacher' set. And the background notebook paper is from the Lil' Inker Designs 'Notebook Doodle' set.

Well, I hope you're ready to play along?!...We have an AWESOME sponsor, which just so happens to be CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!!! How fun is that?!...


Be sure to swing on over to CAS on Sunday and see all the DT creations!...Hope to see you there! :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy your day!

19 comments:

  1. Well, your creativity is quite sharp, too, cuz this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly, what a gorgious card you've made, the pencil is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is great!
    Love the glases .. so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get out of town...using the sunbeam for the eyes? I had to do a double take (LOL)!! I love love this sharp design, Shelly! Love you and your creative mind! PS: I still owe you mail...my bad! I am quite the procrastinator apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This could not BE any more fun, Shelly!! Anyone would love this card, kid or adult, male or female! I think it's brilliant!! I felt like I was right there with you (and so like how I create) as you went through the process of how this cool card came to be. Excellent!! Did your kids fight over it? You'll have to make them each one. I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. now that is just too awesome.. I love that pencil.. great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So super CUTE!! I love the little glasses on the pencil!! Love the paper piecing too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another cardmaking "adventure" eh? I think the result is wonderful and sure to give a kid a chuckle. I would have been "taken" with those specs too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelly this is awesome, I love the pencil and the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh this is sooo darn cute!! Love the glasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Isn't it funny how cards get a mind of their own?! Apparently, yours wanted to be adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute Shelly! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too fun! I love the piecing and the paper stamped in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute and clever Card Shelly love the Pencil and that note paper..clever clever clever card..

    ReplyDelete