Sunday, March 24, 2019

April showers bring May flowers

Hey y'all!
Happy Sunday, hope all is well?!...

Things are okay here, for the most part. I somewhat wish I could redo this past week, but we all know we can't go back in time. So at this point 'it is what it is' and I'm just trying to move forward. Long story short, besides having appointments for my kids (which were all fine) I ended up in the ER twice. The second time was for an allergic reaction the the medication the gave me the first time and now, they gave me a new medication to try and who knows how this one will react?!...Trying to stay positive but I'm still suffering from the previous reaction, so it is a little rough for me right now. But like I said, trying to stay positive and stay busy so I don't think too much about things.

Anyhow, a few days ago I made a card and then finally was able to edit it. So I do have a card to share...yay! :) I made this for the current Uniko Challenge #52, which is Spring with an optional twist Easter.


I went with using just the Spring theme and tried my hand at some no-line coloring using colored pencils...


I certainly did keep things simple. :) I randomly stamped on my flowers in a light ink and then went to town coloring them with colored pencils. I'm no expert and certainly need to practice more, but I had fun and think it turned out nice!?!...After, I simply added a sentiment on a strip of white cardstock and then a touch of ivory burlap twine. Simple, yeah?!...

Well, that's all for me today. 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day and see you soon! 


5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had a nasty reaction to the meds and ended up back in the ER. Ugh! Hope you're feeling better by today sweetie. Sending warm wishes and gentle hugs. Now. I have to say that if "April showers bring May flowers, what do Mayflowers bring?" Pilgrims, hahahahahahahahahaha. Sorry. I needed a little joke for the grand kids and the title of your post inspired me. Your card is also very inspiring, too, Shelly. You've done a great job using no-line colored pencil coloring. I don't think I'm brave enough to try this, but yours turned out so well! Gorgeous card in happy, springtime colors. Love it. xo Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card!

    Sorry to hear about the ER visits. That is not a nice experience. I had it happen to me before. Incidentally when I was in the US. I had the pink eye when I was attending a convention and had an allergic reaction to the medication that I was given. Would you believe that 2 visits to the ER in the US cost me $2000? Thank goodness for travel insurance.

    Hope you are feeling better my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply adorable card and great way to use those Uniko goodies! Such pretty colours and thanks for playing with us at Uniko! Take care - sounds like you've been having quite a time of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you brighter days ahead, Shelly. Hope you're feeling better by now. Fantastic job on that no-line coloring. Wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, thanks for joining Uniko.

    ReplyDelete