Sunday, October 19, 2014

One card, one challenge

Hey y'all! Happy Sunday! It's been a minute, since I've popped in! As some of you already know, I had caught the flu. :( Absolutely, no fun at all! I was in bed for about 2-3 days straight. Everything from body aches to fever to having no taste, I had it all. I haven't had the flu in ages, so I completely forgot how bad it is! Believe me when I say, it's something you don't wanna encounter. Anyhow, I am getting much better! I am up and going more, though still taking it a little easy. (I would hate to have a relapse of anything.)

Okay, so now on to my card. When I saw the current Waffle Flower Challenge and saw 'white space'...you knew, I had to play along! (There's also an inspiration photo, as well. If you haven't checked out the challenge yet, you should! Always, fun!)


So, here's my card.


Just look at all that white space! ;) Keeping things ultra CAS, for my first card I used three different Waffle Flower stamp sets. For the hearts I used the Bowtiful stamp set, for the line I used the Starry Night stamp set, and for the sentiment I used the Flower Circles stamp set. I lined up my hearts and used Copics Atyou Spica to color them in and then used some glossy accents on top. Oh, I had to have some patience for that! lol Which thankfully, didn't take extremely long because I only used a little but still...the waiting...! After, I added my 'line' underneath the hearts and then my sentiment. Simple, yeah?...

Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy your day!

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely DARLING CAS Shelly!! So sorry you were sick!! Glad you are feeling better! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and great take on the challenge card!! So sorry to here you've been under the weather!!! The flu is not fun!! That reminds me i have to get the Dr and get my flu shot!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a way of making clean and simple cards look so full. I wish I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect white space card.. love those adorable little hearts..

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh, sorry about the flu but I'm glad you're on the road to recovery.

    such a sweet sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your CAS card with all the white space. Glad you are feeling a little better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect! This challenge is right up your alley and I love those sweet little hearts! So glad you could play along with WFC Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty CAS card!! Glad your feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shelly. I am so sorry you had the flu. So happy you are on the mend. Yuck though huh! I love this sweet CAS with all the white space. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shelly, just signed-up as your 100th follower! How have I not found your blog sooner??? Have I been living under a rock? Love your work: your style is exquisite. Have a happy weekend, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card Shelly. You sure make CAS ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, so simple but the hearts really pop!

    ReplyDelete