Wednesday, October 1, 2014

warm wishes

Hey y'all! Happy Wednesday and Happy October!!! WOW, can you believe we're in October?!!...Seriously, things just seem to go by quicker and quicker! ;)

So, I'm swinging in today, to share a card I made for the current Casology challenge. I totally meant to play with their last challenge, but never made it in time. So, when I saw 'Chocolate' as the cue card, I knew I didn't wanna miss this challenge! ;) I mean, it's chocolate!...Who doesn't love chocolate!?!


Cup of Cocoa, anyone?...


Oooh, I hope y'all aren't getting tired of seeing this Lawn Fawn set?!!...I just can't seem to get enough of it...LOVE it! :) Okay, so I started with my background. Which for that, I used CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Naughty or Nice' stamp set. I inked it up with some gold ink, then spritzed it with some water and stamped it on my paper. I did this several times. After, I trimmed it down to the size I wanted. Then, I added my sentiment cup of cocoa. Which for that, I pulled out some Copics again to color my cup. And what made me choose green?...I'm not really sure. I just knew I wanted my cup to have a nice 'pop' to it. ;) To tie everything together, I added a piece of vellum behind my main focus and added some mini staples, along with a row of gold rhinestones. So, there you have it! What you think?!...

Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

  1. SO cute.. love the little marshmallows..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute!!! Love the cup of cocoa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great design Shelly! Love the sweet little details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHELLY!!!! Oh, LOVE this in green and cream!!! Love, love, love Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this Week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable Shelly!! I love those tiny marshmallows!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Shelly, thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly, I agree...I do love hot chocolate (with a few marshmallows in for good measure)! This is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This rocks, Shelly! Love the fun layers and that background you created looks kind of like mini marshmallows! Awesome! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card. Love the vellum layer :)

    ReplyDelete